For the second time in three years, Electrical Alliance contractors swept the Washington Building Congress’s (WBC) Craftsmanship Awards Program’s electrical category. Eight contractors were recognized for exceptional craftsmanship on 20 projects throughout the Washington, D.C. area.
The Craftsmanship Awards are an annual celebration of excellent work performed by local contractors who display exceptional workmanship, superior skills and individual effort in projects. The electrical category awards work in lighting, power generation distribution and switchgear, and special systems.
Following is the list of Electrical Alliance award winners and projects by specialty.
- JE Richards Electric:MGM National Harbor Hotel, Oxon Hill, MD; MGM National Harbor Theatre, Oxon Hill, MD; US Diplomacy, Washington, D.C.; and Bracewell and Giuliani, Washington, D.C.
- Aarow Electrical Solutions: National Museum of the Marine Corps Lighting Replacement Phase I, Triangle, VA
- Freestate Electrical Construction Company: Trump International Hotel at the Old Post Office, Washington, D.C.
- Dynalectric Company: Sands Capital Management, Arlington, VA
- Singleton Electric Company: Secondary Treatment Facility Upgrades Enhanced Nitrogen Removal – North, Washington, D.C. and International Monetary Fund Headquarters Renovation Sequence 1, Washington, D.C.
- Mona Electric Group: 1789 Massachusetts Avenue NW Renovation, Washington, D.C.
- Rosendin Electric:MGM National Harbor Casino, Oxon Hill, MD
- VarcoMac Electrical Construction Co.:Office Tenant Fitout – Undisclosed Client Arlington, VA
Power Generation, Distribution and Switchgear:
- JE Richards Electric: MGM National Harbor Theatre, Oxon Hill, MD; MGM National Harbor, Central Utility Plant, Oxon Hill, MD; and Providence Power Upgrade Washington, D.C.
- Dynalectric Company: Sabey Data Center Building C, Ashburn, VA
- JE Richards Electric: MGM National Harbor Fire Alarm, Oxon Hill, MD
- Singleton Electric Company: Secondary Treatment Facility Upgrades Enhanced Nitrogen Removal – North, Washington, D.C.
- Mona Electric Group: National Museum of African American History and Culture, Washington, D.C. and National Museum of African American History and Culture (Exhibit), Washington, D.C.
All winners are honored at the Craftsmanship Awards Banquet to be held March 31, 2017. Get more information about the awards.