On March 20th at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, eight Electrical Alliance contractors will be recognized at the Washington Building Congress’s (WBC) Craftsmanship Awards Program for their exceptional work in the electrical category.
Electrical Alliance contractors won all 16 awards issued in the category on projects they completed throughout the Washington D.C. area.
The Craftsmanship Awards program is an annual celebration of work performed by local subcontractors that displays exceptional workmanship, superior skills and individual effort in projects.
Following is a list of Electrical Alliance award winners and projects by category.
- J.E. Richards, Inc. for the Saint John Paul II National Shrine Exhibit Space, Washington, DC
- Dynalectric Company for a confidential client, Washington, DC
- Dynalectric Company for the Intelsat Headquarters, McLean, VA
Power Generation, Distribution and Switchgear:
- Singleton Electric Company, Inc. for the Blue Plains Main Process Train, Washington, DC
- Singleton Electric Company, Inc. for the Blue Plains Cambi, Washington, DC
- Singleton Electric Company, Inc. for the Blue Plains Combined Heat and Power, Washington, DC
- Power Solutions, LLC, for the Pods 100, 200 and Power Base Building, Ashburn, VA
- Power Solutions, LLC, for the IAD 50 Build-Out, Ashburn, VA
- Power Solutions, LLC, for the IAD 51 Data Center, Sterling, VA
- Power Solutions, LLC, for the IAD 52 – POD1 through POD8, Manassas, VA
- Power Solutions, LLC, for the IAD 56 Data Center, Sterling, VA
- Freestate Electrical Construction Company for the NIH Building 38A Switchgear Replacement, Bethesda, MD
- Rosendin Electric, Inc. for the Electrical Infrastructure Upgrade, McLean, VA
- Mona Electric Group, Inc. for the George Washington University – Science and Engineering Hall, Washington, DC
- Singleton Electric Company, Inc. for the Blue Plains ENR 2, Washington, DC
- Freestate Electrical Service Company for the Fire Alarm and Mass Notification System, Bethesda, MD
Award evaluators nominated Dynalectric Company and Power Solutions, LLC for a Star Award. A Star Award is given to projects that deserve special recognition for demonstrating the highest level of quality, and exceeding the awards criteria to achieve a level defined as “exceptional.” Star Awards will be announced at the award ceremony.
In 2014 the Electrical Alliance had nine contractors who were recognized.
For more information about the awards, visit http://www.wbcnet.org/craftsmanship-awards/